Colart Americas, Inc and Liquitex
Colart Americas, Inc together with Liquitex and Residency Unlimited (RU) are pleased to announce partnership that provides two US based artists with fully funded six-week residencies at RU. Artists are selected through an Open Call (US based) and by nomination (NYC based). A jury consists of RU staff, the Liquitex Artist Engagement Team and advisers.
This opportunity is open for fine artists interested in working with a new material created by Liquitex: cadmium-free paint that has all the essential qualities of cadmium paint, focusing on the projects that will incorporate cadmium-free paints, but is not limited to this material. Liquitex also offers the artist the opportunity to choose any of their other materials and artists are encouraged to explore a multi-media approach to the work they wish to realize on the residency.
Liquitex/RU generously provide:
- A six-week residency at Residency Unlimited
- For non-NYC based artists, we provide travel to NYC and accommodation,
- A supply of Liquitex Heavy Body Cadmium-Free paint,
- a private studio stocked with Liquitex materials of your choice,
- We will also host an artist talk with you about your practice, moderated by a local curator/writer, which will be professionally filmed.
- A stipend of $500
- Access to RU’s shared, co-working space at 360 Court Street in Brooklyn.
- Ongoing logistical and technical support from the RU staff for the successful realization of their project or development of their practice.
- Participation in monthly field trips and workshops.
- There will be weekly curatorial meetings to ensure them with access to peers and creative feedback on their work.
- Each residency will conclude with a public presentation of their new work at the RU event space or at a partnering venue.
- Through RU's extensive network, these US based artists will engage with RU’s roster of international artists.