Wahe Movember!: Scribe’s Block Impressions. (01 – 28 November 2018)
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Disciplines: Activism, Administration, All Disciplines, Animation, Architecture, Art Education, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Critical studies, Curatorial, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Engineering, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Gastronomy, Glass, Installation, Journalism, Land Art, Light and Projection, Literature, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Other, Painting, Pedagogy, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Printmaking, Research, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Harudwar, Uttarakhand, India
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Duration: 28 days, more or less possible
Eligibility: Artists interested in spiritual / experimental / performance dimensions of art and seeking newer inspirations.
Support: Support: Grants of USD 500 to each selected artists to cover little more than one-third of the residency fee. Boarding, lodging, shared-studio etc part of the participation.
Costs: USD 1450 for 28 days
Wahe Movember!: Scribe’s Block Impressions
01 – 28 November 2018 (28 days)
Haridwar, Banks of Ganges, Foothills of Himalayas
“Half-risen then she sent her gaze around,
As if to recover old sweet trivial threads,
Old happy thoughts, small treasured memories,
And weave them into one immortal day.”
Saint Namdev (1270 AD) made devotional compositions on Lord Vishnu. His creations are also included in the Guru Granth Sahib, the bible for the Sikh. Saint Namdev has a big following in Maharshtra state of which Mumbai is the capital.
Hundreds of members of the community of traditional weavers and block-printers from all over India arrive in Haridwar during the October / November, the occasion of the birth day of Saint Namdev. The traditional block-printing, as a profession, has got extinguished about a decade ago. Now it is considered largely a work of art. Associated art forms of cloth making by handlooms and stitching are also available in Haridwar.
The relaxed month of November presents an additional good opportunity to creative - writers. A fresh cool nip in the air mixes well with the gentle river sound for sun-bathing and writing creatively.
- Sanskrit / Hindi
- Visual art
- Performance art
- New media
- Art of Life
TARIFF INCLUDES The tariff is inclusive of various offerings. These are grouped under 5 heads as detailed below.
A. Standard inclusions
- En-suite room
- Shared studio
- Possibilities to work at other cluster-locations
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Sachet tea/coffee 24hrs
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
The following facilities are be made available, if planned at least 30 days prior to the commencement of a residency.
- Local collaborations
- Print media coverage
- Local music instruments (Conch, damaru, manjira, etc.)
- Visiting Ganges ghats, temples, ashrams
- Pilgrim interactions
- Internet access (extra charge)
- Conditional access to a Braille printing press
- Conditional access to telescope / space orientation
C. Special inclusions.
The following special benefits are also included in the tariff.
- Twice Daily, at Hours of Gods – Sun Salutatioines Yoga (Surya Namaskara), Breathing Yoga (Pranayama), Om Chanting Yoga (Udgita), Specific Mantra Learning and Chanting, Sacred Alphabets
- Once a Day – Spiritual Hymns (Sankirtan), Spiritual Discourse (Pravachana), Spiritual Discussion (Satsang), Mentoring, Supporting Individual Participant Specific Project (s)
- Once in 3 Days – Divine Herbs-Medicine Counselling (Ayurveda)
- Once a Week, Participant Specific – Day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Half-day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Feedback Session
D. Up to 75% discount on Virtual Residencies
Details on the Virtual Residencies programmes are available in the area ‘Residencies’.
E. AZIMVTH Shop
Major discounts on artist and spiritual products and services at AZIMVTH Shop are included in the tariff.
Grants of USD 500 / person liberally available.
28 days USD 1450
14 days USD 900
07 days USD 500
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
RU’s 2018 Residency Raffle – Win one month residency in Serbia!
(Deadline: 1 Nov, 2018)
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)