The Longest Poem: (& Colourful Equinox) by An Immortal Man. (01 – 28 March 2019)
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Disciplines: Activism, Administration, All Disciplines, Animation, Architecture, Art Education, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Critical studies, Curatorial, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Engineering, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Gastronomy, Glass, Installation, Journalism, Land Art, Light and Projection, Literature, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Other, Painting, Pedagogy, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Printmaking, Research, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Duration: 04 weeks, more or less possible
Eligibility: Artists interested in spiritual / experimental / performance dimensions of art and seeking newer inspirations.
Support: Grants of USD 500 to each selected artists to cover little more than one-third of the residency fee. Boarding, lodging, shared-studio etc part of the participation.
Costs: USD 1450
The Longest Poem: (& Colourful Equinox) by An Immortal Man
01 – 28 March 2018 (28 days)
Haridwar, Banks of Ganges, Foothills of Himalayas
“Poems in largeness cast like moving worlds
And metres surging with the ocean’s voice
Translated by grandeurs locked in Nature’s heart
But thrown now into a crowded glory of speech
The beauty and sublimity of her forms,
The passion of her moments and her moods
Lifting the human word nearer to the god’s.
Mahabharata (Sanskrit: the great tale of the Bharata,) wriiten by Ved Vyasa in Haridwar in 9th century B.C. is the longest (1.8 million words) poem. It is roughly ten times the length of the Iliad and the Odyssey combined.
The teachings of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (born 1486 C.E.) were brought to the West by Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad (born 1896) who later founded ISKCON movement.
Holi is the festival of colours.
Water, the elixir of life is worshipped on the Cheti Chand festival.
Birth Anniversaries of Matsya, the first and Lord Rama, the 7th avatar of Lord Vishnu (one of the Trinity) and Lord Hanuman fall in March 2018. On Har-Ki-Paidi, near Ganges in Haridwar, there is a temple that has the foot-prints of Lord Vishnu himself.
Ved Vyasa and Hanuman are 2 of the 7 Chiranjiv, the immortal beings.
IMPORTANT DATES – March
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (01), Fish Avataar (20), Lord Rama (25), Lord Hanuman (31)
02 Holi, Festival of Colours
21 Equinox, Int’nl Colour Day
19 Reverence of Water
22 UN World Water Day
21 UN World Poetry Day
27 World Theatre Day
• Sanskrit / Hindi
• Visual art
• Performance art
• New media
• Art of Life
TARIFF INCLUDES The tariff is inclusive of various offerings. These are grouped under 5 heads as detailed below.
A. Standard inclusions
- En-suite room
- Shared studio
- Possibilities to work at other cluster-locations
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Sachet tea/coffee 24hrs
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
The following facilities are be made available, if planned at least 30 days prior to the commencement of a residency.
- Local collaborations
- Print media coverage
- Local music instruments (Conch, damaru, manjira, etc.)
- Visiting Ganges ghats, temples, ashrams
- Pilgrim interactions
- Internet access (extra charge)
- Conditional access to a Braille printing press
- Conditional access to telescope / space orientation
C. Special inclusions.
The following special benefits are also included in the tariff.
- Twice Daily, at Hours of Gods – Sun Salutatioines Yoga (Surya Namaskara), Breathing Yoga (Pranayama), Om Chanting Yoga (Udgita), Specific Mantra Learning and Chanting, Sacred Alphabets
- Once a Day – Spiritual Hymns (Sankirtan), Spiritual Discourse (Pravachana), Spiritual Discussion (Satsang), Mentoring, Supporting Individual Participant Specific Project (s)
- Once in 3 Days – Divine Herbs-Medicine Counselling (Ayurveda)
- Once a Week, Participant Specific – Day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Half-day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Feedback Session
D. Up to 75% discount on Virtual Residencies
Details on the Virtual Residencies programmes are available in the area ‘Residencies’.
E. AZIMVTH Shop
Major discounts on artist and spiritual products and services at AZIMVTH Shop are included in the tariff.
Grants of USD 500 / person liberally available.
28 days USD 1450
14 days USD 900
07 days USD 500
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
RU’s 2018 Residency Raffle – Win one month residency in Serbia!
(Deadline: 1 Nov, 2018)
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)