Residency Fellowship at Vermont Studio Center + Exhibition at Roger Smith Hotel, NY
Deadline: 15 Feb, 2018
Disciplines: Architecture, Installation, Visual Arts.
Location: Johnson, VT & NYC, Vermont & New York, United States
Deadline: 15 Feb, 2018
Duration: 4 weeks, taken between April and September 2018
Eligibility: This fellowship is available to an (1) artist based in the New York metro area. As this is an opportunity for artists to show work at the Roger Smith and discover VSC, we are not able to consider anyone who has presented at the hotel or has in the past been a resident at VSC.
Support: Roger Smith Hotel will sponsor one month fellowship at Vermont Studio Center. All VSC fellowships include: private room in shared housing, private studio space, all meals, and full participation in Vermont Studio Center residency program.
Costs: $25 fellowship application fee, transport to VSC, cost of working materials
The fellowship provides an opportunity for an artist to create a site-specific show at an iconic New York arts hotel, the Roger Smith in Midtown Manhattan. It includes 1 month of working time at Vermont Studio Center and culminates with a Fall show in the Lobby of the hotel.
Application Process and Deadlines:
Application opens: January 1st, 2018
Deadline for application: February 15th, 2018
Exhibition: Fall 2018 (September-December) in the Lobby at The Roger Smith Hotel.
This award is open to visual artists. The work should be 2D wall-based, such as painting, photography, printmaking, drawing, collage.
VSC application guidelines require:
- 5 images of current work (upload your files in the sequence you would like them to be viewed
- A CV
- The names and contact information for two referees
In addition, applicants must also submit a PDF document that contains the following:
- A 200 words artist’s statement
- A Project proposal, in no more than 400 words – you may embed images if useful.
- 1)Describe your proposed work and how it will be formulated for the Lobby at the Roger Smith Hotel exhibition space, please reference the space’s floor plan (see below).
- 2)Tell us why you are interested in the combination residency/exhibition fellowship opportunity
Please bear in mind the durability of the proposed work as it would be presented in a high foot traffic area, not a traditional gallery space.
A site visit to the lobby is strongly recommended in order to inform a competitive proposal.
Please feel free to visit the hotel anonymously or contact Danika Druttman at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE SEE LOBBY FLOOR PLAN BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION:
APPLY HERE: http://www.vsc.slideroom.com
Choose the program: ‘Visual Artist – 2/15/18 Fellowship Applicant’
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
RU’s 2018 Residency Raffle – Win one month residency in Serbia!
(Deadline: 1 Nov, 2018)
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)