OPEN CALL: apexart International Open Call 2018-19
Deadline: 1 Mar, 2018
Disciplines: Activism, Administration, All Disciplines, Animation, Architecture, Art Education, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Critical studies, Curatorial, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Engineering, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Gastronomy, Glass, Installation, Journalism, Land Art, Light and Projection, Literature, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Other, Painting, Pedagogy, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Printmaking, Research, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Anywhere, Anywhere, Other
Deadline: 1 Mar, 2018
Duration: February 1 - March 1, 2018
Eligibility: No requirements
Support: Exhibition budget, organizer honorarium, space rental fee, administrative and logistical support
From February 1 - March 1, 2018 apexart is accepting proposals for its International Open Call for exhibitions. Three winning proposals will be presented as part of apexart’s 2018-19 exhibition season, and can take place anywhere in the world, except for New York City. Curators, artists, writers, and creative individuals, regardless of experience level or location, are invited to submit proposals online.
• The Submission Process: Proposals should describe focused, idea-driven, original group exhibitions. No biographical information, CVs, links, or images may be included within the application - just describe the exhibition you want to create and why. Submissions cannot exceed 500 words and must be submitted in English, and submitters must have visited the proposed exhibition location previously. This year’s submission form also requires the listing of three potential artists, though this list will not be reviewed by the jury. Proposals are judged only by their content and the organizer’s ability to communicate, rather than by familiar names or past accomplishments.
• The Selection Process: An international jury, composed of more than 150 individuals from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, rates the proposals. Rather than convene a small panel to review hundreds of ideas, apexart’s crowd-sourced voting system allows many jurors to individually review a subset of proposals. Submissions are made anonymous and randomized for juror review, and apexart does not influence the results of the jury. The organizers of the three highest-ranked proposals each receive an honorarium and funding for the selected exhibition proposal, and work closely with the apexart team to turn their idea into an apexart exhibition.
To submit an exhibition proposal, visit apexart.org/opencalls.php by March 1, 2018.
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)