Neon Museum National Artist Residency 2018 – Deadline Extended
Deadline: 9 Feb, 2018
Disciplines: Art Education, Collaboration, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Installation, Light and Projection, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Painting, Performance, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts.
Location: Las Vegas, NV, United States
Deadline: 9 Feb, 2018
Duration: Eight weeks
Eligibility: Artists based in the United States
Support: Stipend, Housing, Workspace, Travel, Documentation, Curatorial Support
Costs: No application fee
The Neon Museum invites qualified artists and groups of artists to submit proposals for participation in the annual National Artist residency (U.S. artists only). This residency calls for an artist or group of artists working in the fields of visual or performing arts to reside in Las Vegas, NV for eight weeks during the summer of 2018 engaging with both the Neon Museum and the extraordinary city in which it resides.
PROJECT SUMMARY: One (1) artist or group of artists working in the fields of visual arts, performance, sculpture or sound will be chosen to create a project inspired by the Neon Museum collection, sponsored and supported by the Neon Museum. The residency project will span eight weeks with some flexibility between June 1 and August 31, 2018.
The residency incorporates public programming that should include a workshop component or similar engagement project. An artist talk is scheduled at the beginning of the residency to introduce the artist’s work to the community and a studio open house at the residency conclusion.
ELIGIBILITY: This project is open to artists based in the United States working in the fields of visual arts, performance, sculpture or sound over the age of 18.
• The studio space provided comprises approximately1,000 square feet within a 12,000 square foot downtown Las Vegas warehouse space with ceiling height of 19 feet and equipped with an evaporative cooling system. ADA accessible. The accommodation provided is in a furnished and air-conditioned downtown studio apartment with parking included. ADA accessible.
• The Neon Museum also provides access to onsite collection and archives where appropriate, marketing and publicity, photographic documentation and staffing support to assist with administering the public programming component.
• The artist or group of artists selected will be paid a stipend of a total of $2,000 plus a modest negotiable budget for materials if required.
• The selected artist/s will be provided a small travel stipend, studio space and lodging for eight weeks.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: http://www.neonmuseum.org/community/education/youth-family-programs/artist-in-residence
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)