Nabi Artist Residency 2018
Deadline: 10 May, 2018
Disciplines: Digital, Experimental, Film & Video, Installation, Light and Projection, Media Arts, Moving Image, Other, Performance, Photography, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Visual Arts.
Location: Seoul, Korea, Republic of
Deadline: 10 May, 2018
Duration: Two months (July 2018 - September 2018)
Eligibility: 35 years old or younger, with interest in Data Science, Blockchain, AI, and Robotics
Support: Residency exhibition, artist talks, accommodation (residency studio), and a grant of 4,000,000 won (cost of production and the flight included)
Costs: are mostly covered within the grant provided.
Art Center Nabi operates a global residency program for media artists. Continuing from 2016, Art Center Nabi holds the third Nabi Artist Residency program which works as a platform where various artists from a diverse cultural background could communicate and experiment at the intersection of art and technology. Collaborating with Netherland V2_, Art Center Nabi awaits for the participation of many enthusiastic artists interested in this program.
1. Program Overview
-Research and Creative Activities
As part of the program, residency artists will receive feedback and support from Art Center Nabi in the form of workshops, and discussion/interview sessions entailing critique from art professionals. This is to provide a setting for free exploration of the artwork and encourage ongoing inquiries towards art creation with technology.
-Exhibition and Related Programs
Residency artists will have a showcase exhibition to present the result of their art projects at Nabi Artist Residency. Artist talks will be arranged as to share the creative experience of the participants in the residency program and their projects.
At the end of the program, Art Center Nabi will offer diverse connections to domestic/foreign creative laboratories and media art centers to the artists for possible follow-up projects.
2. Application Process
Please send the application requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Application Deadline: Thursday, 10 May 2018
- Document Examination: 10 May 2018 - 20 May 2018
- Additional Interview: If necessary, the candidates will be informed individually.
- Finalist Announcement: 1 June 2018
*Additional Interview Schedule and Finalists will be announced via the official website and successful applicants will be contacted individually.
3. Application Requirements
- Application Form (available at the website)
- An up-to-date CV and a Cover Letter
- A video including self-introduction & proposal for the new artwork that you are planning to create during the Summer Session (including photographs of the artworks, videos, texts, etc.)
- A copy of your passport
- Recommendation letter (with contact information)
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)