Messages and Songs: The Nobel-pious Flowing Offerings. (01 – 28 May 2018)
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Disciplines: Activism, Administration, All Disciplines, Animation, Architecture, Art Education, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Critical studies, Curatorial, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Engineering, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Gastronomy, Glass, Installation, Journalism, Land Art, Light and Projection, Literature, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Other, Painting, Pedagogy, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Printmaking, Research, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Duration: 28 days, more or less possible
Eligibility: Artists interested in spiritual / experimental / performance dimensions of art and seeking newer inspirations.
Support: Grants of USD 500 to each selected artists to cover little more than one-third of the residency fee. Boarding, lodging, shared-studio etc part of the participation.
Costs: USD 1450 for 28 days
Messages and Songs: The Nobel-pious Flowing Offerings
01 – 28 May 2018 (28 days)
Haridwar, Banks of Ganges, Foothills of Himalayas
And Narad slowly answered to the queen:
“What help is in prevision to the driven?
Safe doors cry opening near, the doomed pass on.
A future knowledge is an added pain,
A torturing burden and a fruitless light
On the enormous scene that Fate has built.”
01 May is anniversary of Narada Rishi and the month is observed as Better Speech and Hearing Month. Narada is the messenger amongst gods and divine beings. He is mentioned in Mahabharata, written by Vyasa in Haridwar.
Narada recited Srimad Bhagavatam on the banks of the Ganges, near the sacred place — Haridwar. Great sages like Bhrigu, Vasistha, Gautama, Medhatithi, Markandeya, Dattatreya and Pippalada came to Haridwar to listen to the Srimad Bhagavatam being recited. Sacred rivers were present too, as were mountains like the Himalayas.
Rabindranath Tagore received the Nobel Prize for literature for his work 'Gitanjali' that was partly composed in the Uttarakhand state to which Haridwar belongs. He was the first non-European to receive this prize.
Ganga Dussehra also known as Gangavataran, is the day when Ganges descended from heaven to earth, just near Haridwar. This has influenced the culture of India. The first sound picture in India 'Gangavataran', was made on this theme, about a decade after Hollywood.
IMPORTANT DATES - May
01 Narada Anniversary
03 UN World Press Freedom Day
07 World Password Day
17 World Telecom & Info Soc. Day
21 World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and development
07 Rabindranath Tagore Anniv’sary
05 (Netherlands) Liberation Day
15 Vat Savitri Fast, UN International Day of Families
17 (Norway) Constitution Day
18 International Museum Day
20 World Bee Day
21 World Turtle Day
24 Ganga Dussehra
- Sanskrit / Hindi
- Visual art
- Performance art
- New media
- Art of Life
TARIFF INCLUDES The tariff is inclusive of various offerings. These are grouped under 5 heads as detailed below.
A. Standard inclusions
- En-suite room
- Shared studio
- Possibilities to work at other cluster-locations
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Sachet tea/coffee 24hrs
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
The following facilities are be made available, if planned at least 30 days prior to the commencement of a residency.
- Local collaborations
- Print media coverage
- Local music instruments (Conch, damaru, manjira, etc.)
- Visiting Ganges ghats, temples, ashrams
- Pilgrim interactions
- Internet access (extra charge)
- Conditional access to a Braille printing press
- Conditional access to telescope / space orientation
C. Special inclusions.
The following special benefits are also included in the tariff.
- Twice Daily, at Hours of Gods – Sun Salutatioines Yoga (Surya Namaskara), Breathing Yoga (Pranayama), Om Chanting Yoga (Udgita), Specific Mantra Learning and Chanting, Sacred Alphabets
- Once a Day – Spiritual Hymns (Sankirtan), Spiritual Discourse (Pravachana), Spiritual Discussion (Satsang), Mentoring, Supporting Individual Participant Specific Project (s)
- Once in 3 Days – Divine Herbs-Medicine Counselling (Ayurveda)
- Once a Week, Participant Specific – Day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Half-day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Feedback Session
D. Up to 75% discount on Virtual Residencies
Details on the Virtual Residencies programmes are available in the area ‘Residencies’.
E. AZIMVTH Shop
Major discounts on artist and spiritual products and services at AZIMVTH Shop are included in the tariff.
Grants of USD 500 / person liberally available.
28 days USD 1450
14 days USD 900
07 days USD 500
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)