Death Enables Birth: The Drama of Earth (01 – 28 September 2018)
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Disciplines: Activism, Administration, All Disciplines, Animation, Architecture, Art Education, Ceramics, Choreography, Collaboration, Community, Composition, Concept & Theory, Crafts & Trades, Critical studies, Curatorial, Dance, Design, Digital, Drawing, Engineering, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Gastronomy, Glass, Installation, Journalism, Land Art, Light and Projection, Literature, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Other, Painting, Pedagogy, Performance, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Printmaking, Research, Science, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Technology, Textile, Theater, Urbanism, Visual Arts, Writing.
Location: Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Duration: 28 days, more or less possible
Eligibility: Artists interested in spiritual / experimental / performance dimensions of art and seeking newer inspirations.
Support: Grants of USD 500 to each selected artists to cover little more than one-third of the residency fee. Boarding, lodging, shared-studio etc part of the participation.
Costs: USD 1450 for 28 days
Death Enables Birth: The Drama of Earth
01 Sep – 28 September 2018 (28 days)
Haridwar, Banks of Ganges, Foothills of Himalayas
“Armoured, protected by their lethal masks,
As in a studio of creative Death
The giant sons of Darkness sit and plan
The drama of the earth, their tragic stage.”
Shraadh is the annual fortnight during which ceremonies are held for the souls of the deceased/ ancestors on the relevant days. Naarayani Shila is a unique place in India for that. During Shraadh 2015, a Hollywood family visited to perform ceremonies for their departed son.
The genealogy records of families of north India are maintained by hundreds of hereditary priests only in Haridwar. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Utah, USA maintains a digital database. When people come to Haridwar to immerse the ashes after cremation or during Shraadh, they visit their respective priests for updating their details.
After this, Ramlila, a dance – drama on the life of Lord Rama,the penultimate Avatar of Lord Vishnu, is performed in 9 parts in as many days across the thousands of villages and towns by local non-artists. Ramlila is the stage-drama about Lord Rama. On the last day, called Dussehra, giant effigies of Ravana, the demon-king filled with fire-crackers are burnt.
During this month, International Literacy Day, International Translation Day, and Hindi Day are also observed.
The tariff is inclusive of various offerings. These are grouped under 5 heads as detailed below.
A. Standard inclusions
- En-suite room
- Shared studio
- Possibilities to work at other cluster-locations
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Sachet tea/coffee 24hrs
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
The following facilities are be made available, if planned at least 30 days prior to the commencement of a residency.
- Local collaborations
- Print media coverage
- Local music instruments (Conch, damaru, manjira, etc.)
- Visiting Ganges ghats, temples, ashrams
- Pilgrim interactions
- Internet access (extra charge)
- Conditional access to a Braille printing press
- Conditional access to telescope / space orientation
C. Special inclusions.
The following special benefits are also included in the tariff.
- Twice Daily, at Hours of Gods – Sun Salutatioines Yoga (Surya Namaskara), Breathing Yoga (Pranayama), Om Chanting Yoga (Udgita), Specific Mantra Learning and Chanting, Sacred Alphabets
- Once a Day – Spiritual Hymns (Sankirtan), Spiritual Discourse (Pravachana), Spiritual Discussion (Satsang), Mentoring, Supporting Individual Participant Specific Project (s)
- Once in 3 Days – Divine Herbs-Medicine Counselling (Ayurveda)
- Once a Week, Participant Specific – Day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Half-day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit, Feedback Session
D. Up to 75% discount on Virtual Residencies
Details on the Virtual Residencies programmes are available in the area ‘Residencies’.
E. AZIMVTH Shop
Major discounts on artist and spiritual products and services at AZIMVTH Shop are included in the tariff.
Grants of USD 500 / person liberally available.
28 days USD 1450
14 days USD 900
07 days USD 500
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)