Disciplines: All Disciplines, Art Education, Film & Video, Fine art, Installation, Media Arts, Moving Image, Music & Sound, Performance, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Visual Arts.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 2-3 months
Eligibility: Residency application form accepted by the residency commitee
Support: arthereistanbul do not provide grants to the residents. However, we are fully aware that the participants may need to be supported to afford the cost of the residency. We provide invitation letters and can provide some advice through the funding application process. residency fees do not include: - International and local travel THE FEES INCLUDE Accommodation in Kadiköy, in the neighborhood of Rasimpasa, nearly arthereistanbul and the studio space. The space: - studio space, - an archive room, - darkroom facilities, - gallery for art exhibitions, concerts, screenings, performances, - a small courtyard for outdoor artworks, Materials: - wood and carpenter working tools, - basic office material (papers, markers, tape…), - technical material (cables, speakers, beamer, screen, projector, video players – DVD/blueray, midi keyboard, etc), - non-professional printer, - internet access. Food: arthereistanbul is also a coffee place where the resident can enjoy drinks and home made snacks.
Costs: 1000 Euro per month
arthereistanbul is launching its Custom-Made Residency Program and will welcome the first residents in 2017.
These residencies of one to three months can be for research, reflection, project’s writing or development, without the pressure of production.
The Custom-Made Residency Program is opened to artists, researchers, curators, writers, from all backgrounds and all kind of experience in various disciplines of arts and culture. The project and its adequacy with arthereistanbul’s vision and territory will determine the participation in our residency program.
The purpose of this Custom-Made Residency Program is to allow the artist / researcher / curator / art professional to work on the first steps of his/her project. This can consist of writing a first draft, leading a research, looking for archives, gathering elements for an art project, or work on a small production.
A custom made package is put together for each artist or group of artists. There can be an individual accompaniment by artehereistanbul team and other external specialists, if required for the artistic work process. arthereistanbul team can also offer her support and advice on administrative matters and help in finding partners.
Preparation, administrative advisory, networking:
- a pre-residency online preparation with the arthereistanbul’s team to plan the the residency accordingly to the needs and requirements of the project ;
- support, advice, for administrative, financial, partnerships issues for each resident. arthereistanbul aims to fill the gap between the participants and the different actors in the city ;
- a series of cultural visits to some local organizations, spaces, art centers of Istanbul in relation to the needs of the project. These activities can be accompanied by informal meetings with local cultural actors ;
- organization of public events or exhibition, at the end of the residency, in line with the project and the need of the resident.
arthereistanbul helps with visa application by sending the selected applicants an official invitation letter and helping with all other necessary documents required.
- Send us an email to check the availability calendar or receive the application form or download it from our resartis´ page;
- Fill in the application form and send it along with the requested documents;
- The application should be sent no later than 2 months before the requested starting date of the residency.
Terms and conditions
Please do not send any deposit before your project idea has been officially approved.
Since our physical and managerial capacity has limits, once we select a project we count on your commitment to stay as long as you declare in you application.
Reservations are completed when 30% of the total fee is transferred to arthereistanbul. This is non-refundable.
The rest is due to be paid upon the arrival to the residency.
Fee is 18% VAT included.
Calls we like:
Flux Artist-In-Residence 2018 Open Call
(Deadline: 30 Mar, 2018)
Re-Directing: East Curatorial Seminar and Residency “HOSPITALITY”
(Deadline: 25 Feb, 2018)
2018 Create Change Fellowship & Residency Program
(Deadline: 16 Feb, 2018)
Residency Fellowship at Vermont Studio Center + Exhibition at Roger Smith Hotel, NY
(Deadline: 15 Feb, 2018)
Queer Geographies on Screen
(Deadline: 16 Mar, 2018)