Creative writing residencies in Brussels for writers from the Arab world
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Disciplines: Concept & Theory, Journalism, Literature, Poetry, Research, Writing.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Deadline: 15 Apr, 2018
Duration: 6 weeks
Eligibility: Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have a regular writing practice. Applicants must be published writers with at least two instances of publication. Applicants must be from the Arab world. Applicants whose practice is in the Arabic language will be given priority.
Support: Economy return airfare, accommodation in a self-catering apartment, a weekly stipend, and reimbursement of visa costs.
Costs: No costs.
CREATIVE WRITING RESIDENCIES IN BELGIUM
Mophradat has a rolling open call for bespoke residencies in Brussels for writers from the Arab world in 2018 and 2019. Lasting for a period of 6 weeks for each selected writer, the residencies are intended to provide an opportunity to focus on a specific writing project. Depending on the particular interests and needs of each writer, the residency may involve events, such as readings, workshops or seminars, partnerships with institutions in Flanders, such as literary organizations and arts venues, trips within the country, and mentorships with writers based in Belgium. Mophradat provides selected residents with economy return airfare, accommodation in a self-catering apartment, a weekly stipend, and reimbursement of visa costs.
– Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have a regular writing practice (all fields are welcome, including fiction, poetry, criticism, cultural journalism, and other artistic forms).
– Applicants must be published writers with at least two instances of publication.
– Applicants must be from the Arab world.
– Applicants whose practice is in the Arabic language will be given priority.
– Basic English, French, or Dutch is required for the purposes of managing everyday life in Belgium.
Applications must ONLY be submitted in Arabic or English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
– A completed application form, available for download here.
– A curriculum vitae listing all published work and the language of publication.
– A letter explaining your interest in the residency, including a short description of the specific manuscript or project on which you will work.
– A recent writing sample of at least 3000 words.
– The name, email, telephone number, and postal address of two professional references who can comment on your recent work level.
– There is no deadline for application. Mophradat will support a maximum of three residencies over the two-year period.
– Mophradat will select the residents with the help of external advisors.
– All applicants, whether selected or not, receive a response to their applications within one month of application.
– Due to the high volume of applications, and the confidentiality of the selection process, Mophradat does not provide individual feedback explaining the reason an application was not selected.
– If selected, a grant agreement will be signed between the recipient and Mophradat.
– There will be a minimum six-month gap between a candidate’s acceptance and the start of the residency.
– A narrative summary of what was achieved must be submitted within two weeks of the residency’s end.
This program is made possible with the support of the Flemish Authorities.
NB: The Flemish Authorities are not responsible for the content of any publications produced.
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
RU’s 2018 Residency Raffle – Win one month residency in Serbia!
(Deadline: 1 Nov, 2018)
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)