ADATA AiR #UrbanLandscape
Deadline: 31 Jan, 2018
Disciplines: Architecture, Collaboration, Community, Curatorial, Design, Digital, Experimental, Film & Video, Fine art, Installation, Land Art, Light and Projection, Media Arts, Other, Performance, Research, Sculpture, Social Practice, Sound, Urbanism, Visual Arts.
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Deadline: 31 Jan, 2018
Duration: 2 weeks to 2 months - from 15 March to 15 July 2018 (First Session)
Eligibility: Open to artists in any stage of their career, preferably based in Europe. Artists, who are Bulgarian residents or based in Bulgaria are also admitted to apply.
Support: The organizers will cover: ▪ Travel expenses - for the trip to Plovdiv and back ▪ Living expenses: 560 BGN (approximately 280 EURO) per 2-weeks period per person ▪ Living space for the residents - private rooms in shared apartments ▪ 24/7 Studio (allowing at least 2 different artists to work at the same time) ▪ Event space - for screenings, exhibitions, conference/meeting/presentation room ▪ Couches and social areas ▪ Free Internet access ▪ Basic materials and tools ▪ Practical advice for research and production details
Costs: No application fee; Additional expenses during the residency stay are personal responsibility of the residents.
ADATA AiR - based in the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria - aims to give a space for a creative exchange that fosters intercultural dialogue and interaction. The platform is open for artists, architects, designers, etc., from Europe to join the special pre-capital-of-culture stage for the development of the Bulgarian city Plovdiv, which is going to be a European Capital of Culture in 2019. During their stay, the residents will have the opportunity to develop new projects and interact with the local communities and the complex cultural realities of the city.
ADATA AiR is a project of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation, realized in partnership with the Goethe-Institut in Bulgaria and the Polish Institute in Sofia.
Focus of the residency program is the urban landscape of the city. It is basically divided in the following two sections:|
• Nature-culture relation within the city: having a river, passing through the city and a wild river island in it, also the city’s seven hills as some of its landmarks;
• Architectural layering: a mixture of styles and epochs, having some remarkable examples of Modernist, Soviet, Bauhaus architecture as well as an intriguing heritage of industrial and religious buildings, and even some illegal community-created examples.
The ADATA AiR program offers to its residents the opportunity to further develop their projects, after finishing their residency stay. Up to 15 of all residents’ projects will be realized during the following year - in 2019, as part of the official program of Plovdiv – ECoC 2019.
Follow at: https://www.facebook.com/adataAiR/
RU Opportunities is moving to a new platform called Rivet
- Cultural Organizations can create their accounts on Rivet to post creative opportunities.
- Individuals can also create accounts on Rivet, search for opportunities, get notificatios, and add deadlines to a calendar.
- All current deadlines will remain active on RU Opportunities until they complete.
Check it out! https://rivet.es/
Calls we like:
RU’s 2018 Residency Raffle – Win one month residency in Serbia!
(Deadline: 1 Nov, 2018)
Call for Submissions – BigCi Environmental Awards 2018
(Deadline: 1 Jun, 2018)
lugar a dudas International Residency Program
Sugar Hill Children’s Museum Artist-in-Residence 2018-2019 | APPLY TODAY
(Deadline: 11 May, 2018)