NEXT DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JUNE 10, 2012
Intensive three week residency programs are designed for emerging/ mid-career artists to help develop their visual and critical abilities whilst enhancing the commercial skills that are essential for working in the art world.
Summer 2012: 18 of June to the 8th of July (Deadline 10th of June)
Fall 2012: 17th of september to the 7th of October (Deadline 10th of September)
A minimum 2 year working practice. Open to all mediums. Portfolio review required for acceptance into program.
Self motivated, independent, excited eager artists
Create a body of work; this will include professional documentation, a written artist statement, and a final Exhibition in The Space, Barcelona.
Each artist will develop professional expertise, critical thinking skills, and enhanced knowledge of art and the international art market, with Barcelona as our pallet. The in-depth residency offers interesting and compelling insights into the art world and includes lectures, guest speaker interviews, and site visits led by in house artists.
~ At the end of the program each student will be ready to judge where their work would be most suitable and will have the ability to present themselves to the art world.
* 24 hour studio space in The Space Barcelona (thespace.es)
* Individual and Group critiques with in-house Artists as well as guest artists and critics and curators
* Professional Documentation of each students work
* Full Immersion into Barcelona’s International Art Scene, from gallery and museum visits to professional artist studio visits
*In studio art lectures and discussions into different areas of focus in the art world
* Writing workshops to improve each artist’s ability to write about art; their own as well as others, with-in the context of a contemporary art discourse.
* Final Exhibition in The Space evening of July 6, which will entail invitation, promotion, installation and full preparation of gallery. The Space at Joaquin Costa 24, Barcelona, is a retired piano factory with a rough, unique vibe!
**A portfolio with a minimum 10 works jpeg no larger then (800kb), title must correspond to slide list sheet (which needs to have title of work, materials, size, date, (example of jpeg title Last Name_ First Name Title #) (Campbell_Kirsten Tallulah 1)
**CV which should include work experience, education, exhibition record (not required), contact information
Physical Studio Space
One room studio spaces will be open and not physically divided with structure, each student will be chosen carefully through portfolio review to create a dynamic and professional studio for the working artists chosen for the July 2012 and Fall 2012
Living In Barcelona
Barcelona is an exciting creative Mediterranean city. Artists will be fully immersed into Barcelona’s passionate international contemporary art community and its dynamic and traditionally rich Catalonian culture, current and historic. With artists such as Dali, Picasso, Miro, Duchamp, Gaudi, Tapies, Antoni Miralda, etc giving credibility to Barcelona and its surrounding Catalonian regions, as a center point to Modern Art.
**Each person is required to find their own accommodations, however once accepted we are happy to help you find a place that will work for you.
Joaquin Costa 24 2.2
08001 Barcelona Spain
Phone: +34 607 396 753