RU News |
PAST – 2018 RU Residency Open Call for US based artists
Residency Unlimited (RU) is pleased to announce an open call for six, three-month long residencies for US based artists during the period February 1 to July 31, 2018.
Each artist will receive a stipend of $1000. This program is made possible with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) “Art Works” Grant Program.
If chosen, artists who are not based in New York City will be responsible for paying their own travel and accommodation expenses. RU can assist in identifying appropriate housing if needed. Participating artists should not be engaged in another residency or academic program during their RU residency.
What does this residency provide?
- A fully funded, carefully tailored three-month residency designed to support the creation of new work between February 1 - April 30, 2018 or May 1 - July 31, 2018.
- Weekly studio visits with curators, gallerists and other arts professionals designed to match the residents' artistic and curatorial interests.
- Exposure to RU's roster of international artists and curators.
- A stipend of $1000.
- Production and curatorial support.
- The public presentation of new work through exhibitions, talks and other events.
- Field trips and other residency community building activities.
What are the criteria for selection?
- All selected residents must be visual artists, with an active professional practice of at least two years.
- All selected residents must have been legally based in the US for at least 3 years (US citizenship is not required as long as the USA is your primary residence).
- The artistic quality of the artist's past work and relevance of their proposed project.
- The likely benefits to the artists of RU’s tailored residency.
- The artist’s interest in engaging with the RU community and embracing the overall residency experience.
The applicants will be selected by a jury consisting of RU staff and art professionals. Short-listed artists will be interviewed by panel members and six finalists selected.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2017 - Midnight EST.
Finalist Interviews: November 25, 2017
Results: November 30, 2017
To apply, please have the following ready:
- A short statement detailing what you intend to work on during the residency. (3000 Characters Max)
- An up-to-date CV (PDF format)
- PDF Portfolio that includes your works over the past 2 years. (max 4mb)
- If you have a time-based practice, you can include URLS in the provided fields.
Learn more about the RU Residency Program here.
This program is made possible with the generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts.